This week’s Cucumber Avocado Salad recipe is super simple and refreshing for summer!
It does take a little time to let the veggies marinate in the dressing – don’t rush it! It will be worth it.
This works well as a side dish for just about anything you can put on your plate.
Cucumber Avocado Salad
(makes 4 servings)
● ¼ cup (15 grams) sweet onion, sliced thin
● 1 lemon, juiced
● 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
● 1 Tbsp each thinly sliced fresh mint & basil
● ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
● 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
● 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
● 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and cubed
Toss the onion with the lemon juice in a large bowl and let soak for 10 minutes. Add the oil, herbs, and salt and whisk to combine.
Add the cucumber to the bowl and toss to coat well. Let stand for another 10 minutes, gently stirring every few minutes.
Gently stir in the tomatoes and add the avocado.
Transfer to a platter and serve. So delicious!
For more healthy tips, schedule your appointment with Dr. Bristow, ND today!