Not only do mangos bring a sweet and exotic flavor to the table, they also help boost your immune system, promote healthy heart function, support your vision, help keep your hair and skin healthy, and help fight cancer as they are high in Vitamin C!
1 cup (165 g) of sliced mango contains:
25 grams of carbs
3 grams of fiber
This mango-peach salsa is delicious with fish or chicken, in a quinoa salad, or on tacos.
(Makes about 4 cups)
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced sweet red bell pepper
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- (optional: 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced)
Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Let stand 10-15 before serving.
For more healthy tips, schedule your appointment with Dr. Stephanie Bristow, ND today!