Dr. Stephanie Bristow, ND
Dr. Stephanie Bristow, ND
Stephanie’s practice is a fusion between the art and science of Naturopathic Medicine. The art is in recognizing the messages from the body. Understanding where the imbalances are coming from by connecting the dots between seemingly unrelated symptoms. The science is in the use of natural medicines – dietary & lifestyle changes, stress-management techniques, nutritional supplements, botanical medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture, Ayurveda and in understanding when to use them, how to use them safely and effectively. The goal is to identify the root cause of your concerns via thorough evaluation of symptoms and laboratory testing combined with experience to map out your journey towards health.
Stephanie’s passion for holistic healing stemmed from her introduction to Ayurvedic Medicine during her travels through India. The wisdom and depth of this ancient medicine was undeniable and led Stephanie to begin her personal healing journey through Ayurvedic Medicine. Her personal passion became academic as she completed a 2-year Ayurvedic Therapist program. This medicine stirred up questions and a thirst for further knowledge which led her to study Naturopathic Medicine.
Stephanie received her Bachelor of Science majoring in Kinesiology from the University of Ottawa. She went on to complete her 4-year medical training at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine.
During her studies Stephanie worked in community health centres, Naturopathic teaching clinics and the first integrative hospital clinic of its kind in Canada. Her experiences with community health care furthered her interest in psychology. She is passionate about working with individuals to emphasize the integration of their mental, physical, emotional and spiritual selves. Her desire is to support, guide and empower people in their own healing process and personal growth.
Stephanie works with individuals and families with a variety of health concerns. She has a particular interest in:
- Women’s Health: PMS, PMDD, PCOS, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Breast health, Menstrual irregularities, pain and flow concerns.
- Hormonal issues: Estrogen dominance, Low progesterone, Acne, Oral contraceptive pill detox, Adrenal fatigue.
- Fertility (unknown and known causes such as PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s, Male factors etc), working with those using ART methods, Miscarriage.
- Pregnancy, Birth Prep & Postpartum support, Breastfeeding and infant concerns (digestion, rashes/eczema, thrush, sleep).
- Thyroid Health: Hyper/Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s Disease, Postpartum thyroiditis.
- Digestion: IBS, SIBO, Candida, Food sensitivities, GERD, Ulcers, Parasites, Constipation & Diarrhea.
- Allergies, Asthma, Eczema & Histamine Intolerance.
- Mental Health & Stress: Anxiety, Depression, Adrenal Fatigue, PTSD, Trauma, Abuse & Sexual Abuse, Insomnia.
- Children & Teens: Digestion, Bowel Movement concerns, Nutrition/Diet, Focus/Concentration, Sleep, Immunity (prevention and treatment for colds/flu’s) and Fatigue.
- Adults: Cardiovascular disease, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes, Weight loss, Autoimmunity, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis and Memory loss.
Stephanie is a registered naturopathic doctor with the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) and the College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta (CNDA).
Stephanie is a busy wife and mom of two kids and two dogs. You’ll often find her gardening, hiking, crafting, trying out new recipes, listening to podcasts and multi-tasking!